Passports Photographs with Studio Lighting.
Australian or New Zealand Passport Images with full Studio Lighting: Set of 6 copies: $30
New Zealand digital file as per their regulations – emailed file: $30
New Zealand digital file as per their regulations – onto a USB: $40
Other Countries requiring other sizes as per their regulations – Set of 6 copies: $50
Other Countries requiring a digital file as per their regulations: $40
Please phone me on 0418 742 530 to make an appointment and yes, I can do out of hours appointments – Stephen Jones.
Australian Passport Photo General Guidelines
Your photo is critical to the usability and security of your passport. The facial recognition technology used in conjunction with Australian passports makes border processing more efficient and reduces the potential for identity fraud. If your photo does not meet the standards detailed below, your passport may not work at automated borders.
- Good quality, colour gloss prints, less than six months old
- Clear, focused image with no marks or ‘red eye’
- Plain white or light grey background that contrasts with your face
- Uniform lighting (no shadows or reflections) with appropriate brightness and contrast to show skin tone naturally
- Face looking directly at the camera and not tilted in any direction
- Hair off the face so that the edges of the face are visible
- Eyes open, mouth closed
- Neutral expression (not smiling, laughing or frowning), which is the easiest way for border systems to match you to your image.
- The required dimensions of the photograph are 35mm x 45mm. Head size to be within 32mm to 36mm.
- If you usually cover your head for religious reasons, or wear glasses or facial jewellery, your photo can include these items.Head coverings should be plain coloured and must be worn in such a way as to show the face from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead, and with the edges of the face visible.Glasses or jewellery must not obscure any part of the face, especially the area around the eyes, mouth and nose. For the same reason, photos including glasses with thick frames or tinted lenses are not acceptable. There must be no reflection from lenses, rings or studs.
For babies and children under three, a photo with an open mouth is acceptable. The photo must comply with all the other requirements above, and no other person or object should be visible in the photo.
If you are submitting a full passport application, one of your two photos must be endorsed by a guarantor. An endorsement is not necessary if you are renewing your passport.
The Australian Passport Office does not endorse particular photo outlets or providers. We recommend that you choose an experienced passport photographer, and confirm that the photos they take meet our standards.