Passports Photographs with Studio Lighting.
Australian or New Zealand Passport Images with full Studio Lighting: Set of 6 copies: $30
New Zealand digital file as per their regulations – emailed file: $30
New Zealand digital file as per their regulations – onto a USB: $40
Other Countries requiring other sizes as per their regulations – Set of 6 copies: $50
Other Countries requiring a digital file as per their regulations: $40
Please phone me on 0418 742 530 to make an appointment and yes, I can do out of hours appointments – Stephen Jones.
USA Passport Photo Requirements
Link to online USA Photo Tool
You must provide 1 photo with your application
The processing of your passport application may be delayed if you do not submit a photo that meets the requirements below. To avoid processing delays, we recommend you use a professional passport photo service.
Your passport photo must be:
- In color
- Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- Taken with a neutral facial expression (preferred) or a natural smile, and with both eyes open
Want to take a photo of yourself?
While we recommend you use a professional passport photo service to ensure your photo meets all the requirements, you may take the photo yourself. Hand-held self portraits are not acceptable. Photos must not be digitally enhanced or altered to change your appearance in any way. If you take the photo yourself with a digital camera, the digital image must adhere to the following specifications:
Dimensions The image dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (the height must be equal to the width). Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 x 600 pixels. Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 x 1200 pixels. Color The image must be in color in sRGB color space which is the common output for most digital cameras.
Please review the following technical requirements and references for guidance on taking your own passport photo.
Want to scan an existing photo?
In addition to the digital image requirements, your existing photo must be:
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- Scanned at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (12 pixels per millimeter)
Want to use your own digital photo?
Use the Department of State’s free photo tool to:
- select a digital image stored on your computer
- resize and rotate it if necessary
- crop it to a square image of exactly 600 x 600 pixels, and
- save it to your computer for printing
This tool requires Adobe Flash Player 10 or later.
Still have questions about passport photos?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions.